Ed has been focused on technical theatre for over twelve years and brings a dynamic background in technical theatre production to Auerbach Pollock Friedlander. Since joining the firm in 2005, he has specialized in the technical design of stage machinery including stage lifts, rigging systems and other unique mechanized equipment.
During his graduate studies, Ed had the opportunity to hold two theatre consulting internships, including a summer with the New York office of Auerbach Pollock Friedlander.
His production experience primarily consists of technical direction and production management for opera. Highlights include oversight of production and management for a touring production, which traveled to historic opera houses in the central United States and Waterford, Ireland.
Selected Project Experience
- Bonita Unified School District, Bonita Center for the Arts, San Dimas, California
- Cyprus Cultural Centre, Nicosia, Cyprus
- Los Angeles Southwest College, School of Arts and Humanities, Los Angeles, California
- MGM CityCenter, Cirque du Soleil Viva ELVIS™ Theatre, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Qatar National Convention Centre, Education City, Doha, Qatar
- The Venetian Macau ZAIA™ Cirque du Soleil, Macau, China
- The Venetian Orient, Ltd, Multi-Purpose Theatre and Presentation Theatre, Macau, China
- University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Ent Center for the Arts, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- University of Southern California, Bovard Auditorium Motorized Rigging Renovation, Los Angeles, California
- University of Southern California, Glorya Kaufman School of Dance, Los Angeles, California
- University of Texas, Permian Basin, Wagner Noël Performing Arts Center, Midland, Texas
- Westmont College Chapel, Montecito, California
Internship Project Experience
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, Expansion Stars and Ultra Lounge in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Salt Lake Tabernacle of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Master of Fine Arts, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Theatre Technology
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, Technical Theatre