Brad Ward, CTS-D
Brad is an award-winning theatrical sound designer and composer with more than 25 years of professional theatre and consulting experience. He joined Auerbach Pollock Friedlander in September 2019 while remaining an active freelance sound designer, composer and Broadway associate. His deep knowledge of sound reinforcement systems, playback software, digital editing and recording, as well as modeling software is supported by his familiarity with all facets of theatre production.
Prior to joining Auerbach Pollock Friedlander, he was an audio-video and theatrical systems designer for audio-video and acoustics consulting firms. Brad’s background also includes two years as lead audio-technician for LOVE by Cirque du Soleil where he became acquainted with Auerbach Pollock Friedlander’s work. He has also served as an assistant professor of audio engineering technology at Belmont University in Nashville and a project manager for Blitz Communications in London.
- Master of Fine Arts, Sound Design – Yale School of Drama
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science/Business – Lipscomb University
- AVIXA (InfoComm), Certified Technology Specialist – Design (CTS–D)
- United States Institute for Theatre Technology, Vice Commissioner of Sound Commission 2017 – present
- Theatrical Sound Designers and Composers Association (US), founding member, Education Committee 2016 – present
- Association of Sound Designers (UK), founding member
- Prague QA, featured design, US exhibit (2019), prior exhibitor, Sound Kitchen curator (2016, 2019)
- World Stage Design, exhibit designer/curator for Sound Kitchen 2021 and 2017, award recipient
- OISTAT, theatre sound working group
- Lipscomb University Faculty/Staff Member of the Semester award (2000)
- Opryland All Star Award for the mixing of The Big Broadcast (1987)