Barbara J. Wohlsen
Barbara Wohlsen joined Auerbach Pollock Friedlander’s New York office in 2015 as a technical designer. Her background includes extensive production management and technical production experience in opera, dance, theater, and classical music.
Prior to joining Auerbach Pollock Friedlander, Ms. Wohlsen served as the Director of Production for New York City Opera, both while at Lincoln Center and at a variety of venues across New York City. She has also held production management positions at the Miller Theatre at Columbia University and the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Her technical experience comes primarily as a Master Electrician and includes six seasons with Glimmerglass Opera. She also served on the production staff at the Fisher Center for the Performing Arts at Bard College during the facility’s final construction and inaugural season. In addition to her performing arts experience, Ms. Wohlsen is also active in museum exhibition lighting design.
Selected Project Experience
- Boston University, School of Theatre Design and Production Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Brooklyn Academy of Music Fulton Street Development, Brooklyn, New York
- College of William and Mary, Performing Arts Complex, Williamsburg, Virginia
- Colonial Theatre Renovation, Laconia, New Hampshire
- New Brunswick Cultural Center, New Jersey
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Renovation and Expansion, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Princeton University, Lewis Arts Complex, Princeton, New Jersey
- Trinity Church, Renovation, New York, New York
- Master of Fine Arts, Yale School of Drama, Technical Design and Production
- Bachelor of Arts, Vassar College, Drama with a Minor in Art History