Auerbach Pollock Friedlander has no current job vacancies. However, we are always interested in talented individuals with training in the design and documentation of performing arts/media facilities. To be considered for future positions, please submit a letter of interest and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is an Auerbach + Associates, Inc. policy to make all employment-related decisions without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin or ethnicity, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by law as required by state and federal law.
All inquiries will be kept confidential.[_/su_spoiler]
We are seeking a dynamic, talented, lighting-loving individual with experience in the design, production and management of architectural lighting projects. You will work alongside our supervising managers and principals in our San Francisco office, providing your expertise for a variety of project types. Project work will encompass all aspects of conceptual design through construction administration of new and renovation projects.
At Auerbach Glasow, we are passionate about our work and this has made us a leading architectural lighting design and consulting firm. Our innovative designs are reflected in a wide variety of project types - museums, theatres, public spaces, corporate facilities, historic renovation, exteriors, retail, residential and hospitality. We approach each project with a fresh perspective blending design, technical expertise and sustainable practice to create beautiful, practical and efficient lighting solutions.
Our daylight-filled, open studio environment promotes our collaborative, team-based approach to work. Our designers have diverse backgrounds in architectural engineering, architecture, interior design, theatre, lighting science, building science and product design. We are a firm where you can get the respect and acknowledgement you deserve, share your talent and develop your career.
- Implement and initiate design ideas
- Producing project documentation:
- Lighting drawings and/or CAD lighting layouts
- Light fixture schedules and product data sheets
- Control schedules
- Computer generated lighting calculations
- Submittal reviews
- Site observation reports
- Project management:
- Collaborate with clients and staff
- Fee management and tracking
- Design or manage multiple projects at any given time
Key Competencies and Abilities
- Collaborative work style with strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced lighting product knowledge
- Microsoft Office Suite
- AGi32 and hand lighting calculations
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Revit, 3D AutoCAD, SketchUp, Rhino, and LightStanza familiarity
- LEED and energy code compliance familiarity
- Hand lettering, hand drafting and sketching is a plus
- Custom light fixture design and documentation is a plus
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
Education and Experience
- 3 - 4 years of experience in a similar position for a lighting design firm or similar consulting firm
- College degree in a related discipline, preferably a Master’s Degree
Interested parties should send a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
It is an Auerbach + Associates, Inc. policy to make all employment-related decisions without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin or ethnicity, ancestry, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by law as required by state and federal law. [_/su_spoiler]